Cale School Garden

Flowers, fruit and vegetables grown by the students at Paul H. Cale Elementary School.

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Monday In The Garden

Fergie and I spent a couple hours in the garden yesterday morning. The potatoes are now living in a nice bed of straw and the zucchini/cucumber bed is mulched well. We were there for summer school recess so bunches of kids got to come hang out for a little while. They all wanted to know when the garden club would start up again. Well, every Wednesday morning I'm there from 9 to noon. Also, I'm happy to meet up at other times, just shoot me an email and I'll be there. Otherwise, I'm thinking the second week of school (which is coming far quicker than I thought it would) is a good time to aim for starting up the group again. Of course, I'll need to check in with Ms. Jones and some other folks on that. In the mean time, here are a couple pictures to keep you thinking about things.

The cherry tomatoes are coming in. I ate most of the ripe ones. Sorry, it was getting close to lunchtime and I was a bit hungry. The yellow pear tomatoes are starting to ripen as well, but I didn't take their picture.
We're starting to get quite a few zucchinis, too. I gave two of them away to an old student and took three home. There are about four more that will be ready in the next couple of days. Please help yourself.
The sunflowers are starting to bloom.

Fergie discovered that she likes to help with watering.
Well. . . she discovered she likes to run into the spray.

No comments:

Post a Comment