Cale School Garden

Flowers, fruit and vegetables grown by the students at Paul H. Cale Elementary School.

Monday, May 30, 2011

A Successful Party

I am a complete dope.  I remembered the camera.  I just forgot to take pictures.  Ah well, I did get a few early Saturday morning when I went to set up the canopy.

I'm still full thinking about all the great food: beef, chicken and mu shu lettuce wraps, tapenade, pesto, mango salsa, fruit, quiches and too much more to mention without running on and on.   I'll just say, I wasn't even tempted to cook any dinner on Saturday night.  I hope everyone enjoyed it as much as I did.





Anyway, great food, great company, great weather.  I couldn't have asked for a better day.  Thanks so much to all my friends, colleagues, students and families for coming out to enjoy the garden on a beautiful day.  We'll have to do this again soon.

I do have everyone's plates, bowls, containers, etc. so come by my classroom to claim stuff.  (Phil and Deirdre, I'll drop your stuff over at your place next week.  Don't worry I'll call first.)

We've only got one more Garden Club meeting left this school year.  I've got two activities lined up.  Guess what they are. . .  alright I'll give you a couple of hints.  1)  There's no rain in the forecast for this week.  2)  If we don't do our second activity, I would have to come to school everyday to get caught up.

It's been a great year out in our little gardens.  I'm really impressed with all of the work that we've managed to get done.  Keep your eyes on this blog to find out what's happening over the summer.  I'll post what's ready to be picked for those of you who want to take anything home.  What isn't taken will happily be accepted by the Food Bank.  Everyone wins!

So. . . lettuce is ready!  If anyone wants some romaine, green-leaf or red-leaf lettuce, let me know.  We have some chard and kale ready, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment