Cale School Garden

Flowers, fruit and vegetables grown by the students at Paul H. Cale Elementary School.

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Rainy Day

I'm always grateful for rainy days. I don't have to unroll 400 feet of hose when it rains. I missed getting out to see what was what in the garden today.

Still, we've needed the rain. So, after sending everyone home that I could, the rest of us worked on our sign. Thanks to Angelo for coming back with his enthusiasm and his cookies (peanut butter. . . homemade!)

I'm thinking about having a Saturday work day in a few weeks. After finding some rather familiar hoof prints near the garden, I've realized that a fence is going to be a necessity. With enough muscle, we can get one up in just a few hours. I'm thinking the last Saturday of this month, May 29th. Put it on your calendars. I'll make a big tank of lemonade.

Oh, one more thing! To everyone that was here this afternoon. . . I'm a big dummy. No, we didn't have green paint, but. . . what do blue and yellow make?!?!?!?







No comments:

Post a Comment